7/22/13

Gluten free fried chicken

I could have been born in the south and never once felt out of place. I.love.fried.food. 
Tonight, because drumsticks were on sale at sprouts, I decided to make fried chicken gluten free style! You'll have to excuse the pictures...it wasn't until I smelled it cooking that I decided it may make the blog. :)
Most paleo recipes for fried anything call for almond flour...I HATE the taste of almond flour, so this isn't going to be paleo, but it's gluten free and healthier nonetheless! :) 

You will need:
4-6 chicken drum sticks
2 eggs
2 cups brown rice flour
1 cup Coconut oil
Oregano
Garlic powder
Onion powder 
Paprika
Sea Salt
Pepper 

Melt coconut oil in skillet over medium heat.
In two separate bowls, sprinkle about 1/2 tbs of each spice/herb and about a teaspoon of salt and pepper. 
In one bowl crack two eggs and mix thoroughly. 
In the other bowl mix in the brown rice flour with the herbs and spices and mix thoroughly. 
Dip raw chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture. Once coated in flour mixture, dip again in egg mixture and then again in four mixture until completely coated. Then, add chicken to hot coconut oil. Repeat with each chicken leg. 
Cook chicken in skillet until no longer pink and juices run clear. (About half hour)
Set chicken on paper towel and let cool until its comfortable to pick up. 

Enjoy! We ate them with red baked potatoes. :) 

Happy healthy healing!! :) 

<3 KBS 

2 comments:

  1. omg. That looks so yummy! Seriously, I'm dying right now haha. I need to try coconut oil, I'm worried that it's going to make my food taste... coconutty... but I need to try it! Love you Ky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha it actually doesn't taste coconutty at all! its more like a crisco texture and taste. but without being nasty like crisco. :) next time we hang out, i will make something yummy with it so you can see. :)

      Delete